Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wallnuts in Portland


Mum and I went on an overnight opshop trip to country NSW. On our way home we stopped in a little town called Portland. It is an old mining town. The town is small but so beautiful. Last year a group of people called 'The Wallnuts' spent their weekend painting beautiful old signs on the sides of the buildings in the town. They are so amazing and well done, if you are anywhere around Portland it is well worth the visit (there is also an opshop and two antique stores!). 










5 comments:

  1. I hope I can visit Portland one day, the Wallnuts have done a brilliant job. It's a toss between the Red Cross and Toohey's for my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the old, half-remaining tea or motor oil advertising paintings on brick walls. I have a couple of lovey ones near me. I should photograph them. I thought I was the only one who went crazy over these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are so nice. They have something like that on the walls of buildings in Bowen, in Northern Queensland. Pity we can't get some of those talented young artists that graffiti everywhere to do something like this on walls instead. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the pictures are lovely.
    I am crazy over the Arnotts ad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOh love the Wallnuts work, especially the Arnotts one.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time to share.